Monday, June 05, 2006

Shuttle Challenger and Columbia disasters foretold by the bible

In a discussion board some Christian who thinks of himself as being scientific plagiarized some verses and commentaries from the Web and pasted them in his post. The more than a dozen verses allegedly point to the fact that the bible is science savvy. Here's the most ridiculous:

Modern time vehicles

Amos 9

2 "Though they dig into Sheol, from there shall my hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, from there I will bring them down. 3 Though they hide themselves on the top of Carmel, from there I will search out and take them; and though they hide from my sight at the bottom of the sea, there I will command the serpent, and it shall bite them.

The Bible describes a space shuttle and a submarine long long before it was invented.

I wouldn't be surprised if not a few Christians will be nonplussed as to why that passage does not prove the bible is speaking of space shuttles and submarines.

No comments: